We, HelpGrid, take the protection of your personal data very seriously and strictly adhere to the rules laid out by data protection laws and the
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR-EU and GDPR-UK).
This privacy notice gives you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this site and any data you may provide if you contact us regarding our products and services.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for monitoring and providing guidance with our GDPR status. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the contact information in section 15 of this privacy notice.
2. Why we Collect your personal information
We collect your personal data for one of the following purposes:
- To ensure our site is relevant to your needs.
- To deliver services such as newsletters, events, training or software that you request or purchase.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of our site as appropriate.
We may use your information to gather and provide aggregated or statistical information that is not personally attributable to you. For example, we may aggregate certain information regarding use of the services so that your usage of the services is not discernible from the aggregate usage of our services. We may use and share with third parties any information that we derive from personal information but that is not personally identifiable to you.
We may disclose your personal information to legal or government regulatory authorities in response to compulsory process or other requests for such information or to assist in investigations of theft, fraud, abuse or other alleged unlawful conduct. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, or if we determine, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is necessary in an emergency.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which HelpGrid or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using this Website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
3. Lawful Basis Of Processing Information
We only collect and use personal information about you when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use it where:
- The data subject (you) has given consent to the processing activity taking place.
- If the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract
- If the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
- If the processing in necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interest pursed by us or our partners.
The purpose test – to identify the legitimate interest
Necessity test – to consider if the processing is necessary for the purpose identified
Balancing test – considering the individual’s interests, rights or freedoms and whether these override the legitimate interests identified.
4. What Information we collect and where from
We collect personal information from you, for example, if you register to our website, request product information, call us or use any of our services.
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you. Personal information collected by HelpGrid.com is
often limited to e-mail address, language, country or location, but may include other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
We also collect certain information about your computer hardware and software. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service and the Website, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
The categories of personal information that we may collect, store and use about you include:
- Name, address, telephone number, email.
- IP address
- Bank details
- Card details
- Identification, social security number.
- IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access tines, referring website addresses
5. How Long we Keep Information For
We ensure that your personal data is only retained for the period that we need it for, or in accordance with laws, regulations and professional obligations that we are subject to. All personal information collect has a defined retention period, which is in-line with our retention policy. If you would like to find out how long your information is being retained, please see "additional information", section 16 of this policy.
6. Security of personal information
We take the responsibility for protecting your privacy very seriously and we will ensure your data is secured in accordance with our obligations
under the Data Protection laws. We have in place technical and organisational measures to ensure personal information is secured and to prevent
your personal data from being accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We have in place a robust access control policy which limits
access to your personal data to those employees, contractors and other third parties who only have a business need to know. The processing of your
personal data will only take place subject to our instruction.
We have policies and procedures to handle any potential data security breaches and data subjects, third parties and any applicable regulators will be notified where we are legally required to do so.
HelpGrid.com is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit sensitive information (such as a credit card number) over the internet, we protect it using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We have ensured that all employees have had information security and data protection training. If you would like more details of the security we have in place, please see "additional information", section 16 of this policy.
7. Children's information
We do not knowingly collect information on children. If we have collected personal information on a child, please contact us immediately using the details in section 15, so we can remove this information without any undue delay.
8. Your individual rights
In this Section, we have summarised the rights that you have under General Data Protection Regulation. Some of the rights are complex, and not all the
details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full
explanation of these rights.
Your principal rights under General Data Protection Regulation are:
- Right to Object
- Right of Access
- Right to be informed
- Right to Rectification
- Right to Erasure
- Right to Restrict Processing
- Right to Data Portability
The right to object
You can exercise this right if
- Processing relies on legitimate interest
- Processing is for scientific or historical research
- Processing includes automated decision making and profiling
- Processing is for direct marketing purposes
- The right of access
- You or any third party acting on your behalf with your authority may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you without charge.
- We will ask to verify your identity or request evidence from the third party that they are acting on your behalf before releasing any personal data we hold about you.
- The right to be informed
- We are required, to provide clear and transparent information to you about how we process your personal data. This privacy notice addresses this right.
- The right of rectification
- If you believe the personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you have the right to correct this and you may exercise this right along with the right to restrict processing until these corrections are made.
- The right to erasure
- If there is no legal basis or legitimate reason for processing your personal data, you may request that we erase it.
- The right to restrict processing
- You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data. This means we will still hold it but not process it. This is a conditional right which may only be exercised when:
- Processing is unlawful
- We no longer need the personal data, but it is required for a legal process
- You have exercised your right to object to processing and require processing to be halted while a decision on the request to object is made.
- If you are exercising your right to rectification
- The right to data portability
- You can request that your personal data is transferred to another controller or processor in a machine-readable format if:
- Processing is based on consent
- Processing is by automated means (i.e., not paper based)
- Processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation
10. Failure To Provide Personal Information
Where we need to collect personal data by law or in order to process your instructions or perform a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to carry out your instructions or perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel our engagement or contract you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
When someone visits the site, a cookie is placed on the customer's machine (if the customer accepts cookies) or is read if the customer has visited the
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, may be used to assist in delivering the cookie on our site. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on a HelpGrid.com Web page. We do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information on HelpGrid.com; it is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about Website usage. We may share aggregated site statistics with partner companies but do not allow other companies to place clear gifs on our sites.
If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the Website, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however you will not experience a ersonalized visit nor will you be able to subscribe to the service offerings on the site.
12. Automated Decision Making
Your personal data is not used in any automated decision making (a decision made solely by automated means without any human involvement) or profiling
(automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain conditions about an individual).
Where we make an automated decision which has a legal or substantially similar effect, you have the right to speak to us and we may then review the decision, provide a more detailed explanation and assess if the automated decision was made correctly.
13. Transfers To Third Parties
HelpGrid may disclose your personal data, listed in section 4 to some third parties to help us deliver our services/products. All third parties are
contractually bound to protect the personal data we provide to them. We may use several or all of the following categories of recipients:
- Business partners, suppliers, contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Companies within our group where necessary for administrative purposes and to provide services to you
- Third parties that support us to provide products and services e.g., IT support, cloud-based software services, providers of telecommunications equipment)
- Marketing services providers
- Payment service providers
- Recruitment service providers
- Professional advisors e.g., lawyers, auditors
- Web analytics and search engine provider to ensure the continued improvement and optimisation of our website.
14. Transfers Outside Of The EEA
In this section, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred and stored in countries outside the European
Economic Area (EEA).
We may share personal information to third parties outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Any personal information transferred will only be processed on our instruction and we ensure that information security at the highest standard would be used to protect any personal information as required by the Data Protection laws.
Where personal data is transferred outside of the EEA to a country without an adequacy decision, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place prior to the transfer. These could include:
Standard Contractual Clauses
Binding Corporate Rules
An exception as defined in Article 49 of the EU GDPR
For more information about transfers and safeguarding measures, please contact us using the information in section 16.
15. Right to complaint
We take any complaints about our collection and use of personal information very seriously.
If you think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading, or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with us in the first instance.
To make a complaint, please contact us via email on [email protected].
Alternatively, you can contact us:
By Post: HelpGrid Inc
1201 N Orange Street
By Phone: +1 302-200-4456
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Supervisory Authority:
Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, DO2 RD28
By Website: Click Here
By Phone: 076 110 4800 / 057 868 4800
16. Additional information
17. Policy Review and Amendments
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 20/08/2021
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.